Regional Officer Positions
Each year, five members are elected to serve in the following positions:
- Vice President of Public Relations
- Vice President of Eastern Kansas
- Vice President of Western Kansas
- Vice President of Nebraska
Regional Officer Benefits
- Tuition, room and board at the annual International Honors Institute, if funding available.*
- Registration fee paid for annual International Convention after leaving office, if funding is available and all duties have been completed.*
- Registration fees paid for all regional meetings (Regional Leadership Conference, Regional Honors in Action Conference and Regional Convention).
- A Regional Officer recognition medal.
- A Regional Officer’s training, planning, and leadership workshop conducted by the Regional Coordinator.
- Letters of recommendation from your Regional Coordinator.
- The Regional President also receives, after leaving office, the honor of carrying the state flag during the Opening Ceremonies of the annual International Convention.
- When asking past Regional Officers, personal benefits they listed included:
- Gain leadership abilities
- Form lifelong friendships
- Learn how to conduct business meetings
- Engage in heated debates
- Lead a seminar at summer planning
- Travel to International Leadership and Honors Institute
- Gain more experience working with a team and how to make it work
- Form individual opinions with an informational background
- Develop public speaking skills in a friendly environment
- Gain confidence
* If Region Funding not available, the chapter of the Regional Officer will be responsible for these items.